August 2018 Goals
As solid evidence I’m still struggling to get back to some normal routines in my life, we’re a third of the way through August and I have yet to share my goals. Oops. The best laid plans, right? I started writing this post at the end of July and never finished! Looking at the bigger picture of life, I’m trying so hard to get back to feeling like myself. I took a big step in that direction today, one that I’ll talk about soon enough. Vague, I know. But, I’m not 100% ready to share and even if I were, this post isn’t the time or place.
July 2018 Recap
- Run a sub 9-minute mile. No. Not even close! I’m honestly still struggling to run a mile without walking, let alone at that pace. This goal may have been a bit ambitious.
- Finish two books in my “currently reading” pile. Yes and no. I did finish two books, but neither were in the “currently reading” pile, but rather ones that I started from the beginning. The real intention was to get back in the habit of consistently reading, so I consider this a success.
- Finish my “about” page. Not at all – I didn’t even touch it.
- Start studying for my NASM Fitness Nutrition Specialization exam. Yes! It wasn’t very much, but it’s a start.
- Register for CPR training. Yes! I registered for the entirely online version, so I can do it all from the comfort of my couch and at my own pace. I’m through a couple modules already.
- Create memories and cherish the fun moments. Yes! I had a blast at the Cubs/Tigers game – it was a dream come true day. I laughed so hard at Jerry Seinfeld’s show and enjoyed dinner with some friends.
August 2018 Goals
Admittedly, since we’re a third of the way through the month, I’ve already made some progress and I know these feel achievable, even
- Run a 5k without walking
- Attend 8 OrangeTheory Fitness classes
- Attend 4 yoga classes
- Finish 6 books, two from the “currently reading” pile
- Finish my “about” page
- Attempt the NASM Fitness Nutrition Specialization exam
- Complete my CPR/AED/First Aid training
Your turn! What’s one of your goals for the month?